The better way to make braaibroodjies this National Braai Day 2019 Heritage Day.
Making Braaibroodjies? Why not take it to the next level…
National Braai Day this 24th September 2019, celebrates one of our country’s favourite past-times – to braai.
At Better Than Bread, we’ve upgrading our braai favourite, to create the: Better Than Bread Braaibroodjie.
Why? What reason would anyone have to alter an Absolute Classic Braaibroodjie?
Our answer: We literally cannot live with the blood sugar spike, and it’s crash if we use White Bread – sorry, just can’t do it.
The difference between a Better Than Bread Braaibroodjie and a Normal White Bread Braaibroodjie:
So, we’ve changed the bread to our high protein health bread, our Better Than Bread – 90 Second Mug Bread. Here is how to do it:
Recipe for Better Than Bread Braaibroodjies
- Butter <Optional>
- Chutney <Optional>
- Better Than Bread (BTB) 90 Second Mug Bread
- Prepare your ingredients:
- <Optional> Melt the butter till its slightly soft.
- Grate cheese.
- Slice onion.
- Slice tomato.
- Make BTB 90 Second Mug Bread
- <Optional> Your choice of chutney
- Assemble your braaibroodjie:
- Prepare your 90 Second Mug Bread
- <Optional> Smear butter on the side you will be braai-ing
- <Optional> If you wish, smear the inside with your choice of chutney
- Drizzle the grated cheese on the inside
- Add slices of onion
- Add slices of tomato
- Top with another slice of BTB 90 Second Mug Bread
- <Optional> Smear the outside with butter
- Ready to braai.
Tips on perfecting Better Than Bread 90 Second Mug Bread:
- Use a correctly sized container to create the perfect bread size.
- For a more firm bread, increase microwave time.
- For a fluffier bread, add an extra tablespoon of BTB Premix.
- To reduce egginess, use only egg-whites (2) to one portion of BTB 90 Second Mug Bread.
Choose your favourite flavour to make the greatest braaibroodjie ever!
Flavours to choose from:
Enjoy and stay safe.
Healthy Head Honcho